Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Putting Your Vineyard Up On The Market?

Wow...that's really all I can say about this message I heard the other day on Old Paths Sermons.org by Ralph Sexton Jr. Preached in 1987 in a tent at the foot of the Washington Monument, this one made me cry. The Spirit was all over it, even 22 years after it was preached and it rang so true. I got so excited about what I was hearing, I about decapitated myself on the kitchen ceiling fan (as I was cleaning off the top of the fridge) Note to self and you...when listening to this message, refrain from being on ladders as you might just have a spell and fall off and injure yourself. You think I'm exagerating...I'm not. The text was from the story of Nabol and his vineyard, when Ahab came to buy it from him. It challenged me to consider what is at stake if I sell my vineyard to the Devil...how much we stand to lose...how much we have already lost. This is where the church is at today and I couldn't help but be amazed that in that day a fundamental could pitch a tent in the nations capital and preach like Brother Sexton did and not be thrown into prison, be dragged into court by the ACLU or whooped after the meeting! How far this nation has come... Listen to this one! It'll help you...

NOT FOR SALE by Brother Ralph Sexton JR.

For those who can't get this one to play from this site, here's an alternate link:
Not For Sale: DC Camp Meeting 1987 It's the first sermon on the page.

No comments: